Friday, April 11, 2008

Kid Stuff

What kinds of things did you do when you were a kid? Here are the couple of things that I have been thinking about lately...

We used to stay out in the yard late on summer nights and play on the swings. We were loud and silly and it was very fun. We played a game that we called "Women From Mars". I don't even remember what the rules were or why we called it that, but my siblings and I and my cousin, Roni, would swing as high and hard as we could while singing at the top of our lungs.

Something else that we used to do when we were kids is that we would sleep in the living room and on the front porch during the summer. All of the kid's bedrooms were on the second level of the house and it was too hot to sleep there. I remember wishing for the smallest breeze to blow through the window, but it very rarely did.

I think that is part of the reason why I would rather be cold than hot.
After this long winter though, I wonder if that is still the case.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Don't ya just love to remember the good times from childhood. We lived on a street with a lot of kids and we played outside a lot! We skated quite a bit...that was back during the roller rink craze. We spent a lot of time there too. The song upside down by Diana Ross still makes me feel like I'm there again, skating backwards around the rink....oh, the good ole days.

Shaunab said...

I have the fondest memories of growing up on Rose Circle. Since we wre the corner house, EVERYONE gathered at our house and played tag, hide and seek, murder in the dark, and anything else we could think of. I miss the good old days...

Stephanie said...

Women from Mars, eh? Well I guess I can't make fun of you, because I was telling Maria that I used to play Harry Potter with Teagan...

Mindy said...

I remember being so excited to sleep out on my cousin's trampoline in the summer. We'd getting eaten alive by mosquitos and NEVER made it all the way through the night but we still looked forward to doing it every year.

Unknown said...

I miss being a kid too sometimes! Sometimes i feel like my kids are missing out and growing up too fast! Thanks for such a sweet comment on my blog! You made my day!