Some of you may have noticed a comment from Amy Hughes on my blog about Barrett and Robert. Well, she is the class president from my senior year of high school. I know that some of you may totally not understand this until it happens to you, but...
IT IS MY TWENTY YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION THIS JUNE!!
FREAK-OUT!
This is an event that TRULY sneaks up on you from out of nowhere and BAM! here it is already!! Well, slap me on the cheek and call me Freida! I remember going to high school and sometimes the marquee would mention something about a 20 year reunion that was coming up and I would totally think: "Wow, those people are OLD!".
I went on the internet in about January looking for info about this monumental event, and all I could find of note, was a copy of our 1988 yearbook on sale at ebay! How hilarious is that!? I would love to know why it was on sale and who was selling it.
It is very fun to go to the blog that the organizers have set up and see all of the entries. It is fun to see that I am not the only one aging. I love that someone on the blog said something like that most Mormon families should have 4 kids. Almost everyone has 4 kids when you see the pictures. Hey, I have 4 kids! I am very hesitant to add my update to the class blog as I am not a fighter jet pilot, or an astronaut (as I had once hoped) or a lawyer or a professor of law. I didn't even go to college. But I am very happy.
I think I heard once that 'ignorance is bliss'.
That very well could be why I am happy!
I hope at this reunion that I will not call my friend named Todd Hindmarsh "Nord", like I did at the 10 year reunion. I especially hope that if I do, it won't be with a loud voice like I did 10 years ago! Todd, I am so sorry about that! That is something that brings mortification to my adrenaline generators every time I think about it!
People I am looking forward to seeing: Julie Lund, Eric Orozco, Tim Strong, Peter Walstad, Andrea Oberg, Dave Burrell, Christine Heath, Ann Christensen, Guy Francis, Deena Herrin, Deeanna Larsen, Jody Lamb, Wendy Johnson, Tammy Rodeback, Melissa Pinnock, Karen Stone, Laurel Stucki and Taunya Woffinden. I don't know if I will be able to remember their names when I see their faces, but it would be so great to see them.
I just would like to take a moment to thank my friend, Diane (Rowley) Williamson for calling me and informing me about this! Diane, you rock! I can't wait to see you!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Michelle...I always love reading your blogs...so fun! I feel excited for you to go to your reunion...I know what you mean about the time being gone! I can remember thinking 27 was old! Now I'm almost 40...but I still feel like I'm a teenager...except in the early morning when I'm getting out of bed and everything starts creaking.
Michelle, how wonderful it is you can go to a reunion and revisit your past without having to redo high school. Have fun :)
Post a Comment