I agree with Shauna!! I really look forward to General Conference! It is lovely to have a chance to stay at home and be with my family.
As frequently happens, Stephanie informed me that there would be a solemn assembly, something that I was unaware of. "I dreamed last night that I missed the solemn assembly, and I was so sad!" She said this as conference started. I said "What is the solemn assembly?" She said, "It is where everyone sustains the new prophet and his councilors, it is important for everyone, wherever they are, to sustain him, and the priesthood holders go first." I did not know that. So I hurried around to call Robert, Parker and the kids from 'helping' the furnace guys to at least be there for the solemn assembly. It was a wonderful feeling to know that as we raised our hands to sustain the living prophet, the whole church worldwide was united.
My favorite talk of conference for me was Jeffery R. Holland's talk about why the heavens are not closed to us in regards to scripture, something that other religious groups disagree on. It was very helpful for me to hear his words and understand clearly for myself.
I also loved Elder Ballard's talk. I love that he told the kids to pick up after themselves and to hug their mothers more often. I need more hugs from my kids. Really. Especially the older two, as they are not the big fans of the hug at this point in time.
And wasn't President Monson's response to that so cute about the note to the kids from his wife, urgent that they not let daddy touch the microwave, or other appliances?
My favorite part of conference is that I can download it to my ipod and play it in the car. Stephanie is not so hip to this, as she loves music and considers the ipod to be a device for music only. Parker likes it on his ipod and plays it at night in his room, which is a comfort to Barrett. I love being able to listen to it again and again, especially because (I admit) I did nap through some of conference. It is just so relaxing to my spirit!
Well, happy conference. Real life starts again tomorrow, with a new determination to do the things that I know I need to work on.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally agree with the neat spirit of conference! I was so excited to be a part of the solemn assembly (even if it was done in the first session!);) wink, wink!
I explained it to zach - I hope he will rememder such a historical event! Thanks for your thoughts!
Oh, how I miss Utah, being able to watch conference on TV. We could of gone to the Stake Center to watch it, but six kids and no Aaron (he had to work) for two hours straight then another two hours...no thanks....I did watch some of it online in real time, Josh and I did get to witness the solemn assembly.....I will have to watch the rest sometime this week...or download it onto my ipod...I need one of my handy dandy boys to do that for me...I'm download illiterate...ha ha..
Post a Comment