Saturday, April 19, 2008

Soccer Updates!

Parker's competition team played last night in Bountiful with NO substitutions and they WON!! It was an awesome game! Parker has not had much to contribute to the team since he broke his ankle. He played forward for the last 5 or 10 minutes, but was not at all at his peak performance. I believe it will be a while. Dang it!

As for our Pirate team in Rec. soccer, we won our first game today. It was a blast! I was ever grateful for my sideline help from Jarren's dad and from Stephanie's friend Megan (who is an awesome soccer woman!) I have to say that I am a little bit mortified to get home and discover that I should have been at the end of the players line to shake hands with the other team!! Breech of etiquette!! The coach of the other team was Parker's very first Competition coach and he was my favorite and I didn't even shake hands at the end of the game. I was just so relieved to get through the game and I have NEVER had to be in the "shake hands at the end of the game" line, I just didn't even think about it until well after lunch!

Maria Sanchez is the only player on our team who has never played soccer before. She ROCKED on the defense!!! When the other kids who play with our team found out that she had never played before, they couldn't believe it! She did very well! Good job Maria!!

It was so fun to have so many friends on the sidelines with us and fun to know so many on the other team!


2 comments:

Shaunab said...

sounds like everyone had a great time. Congrats Coach!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you guys had such good soccer moments....I know how much you all love the game and to have all that victory had to be marvelous!! Go Soccer!!!! Also, give yourself a break...you didn't not shake hands on purpose...