Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Cowboy from Montana

My friend Angela Hummer brought me some lovely mint-chocolate brownies today when she heard of my release and it was so nice to see her and visit for a moment. Angela, if you are reading this, I just love you! They were delicious! Thank you very much!

Anyway, she came about a week or so ago to show me some cute macrame cowboy hats that she bought for her young women for camp, thinking that I may be interested in buying some for our ward in a different color. (It is a western theme) When she came to the door, Stephanie was playing the piano and when she turned around, she saw the hats and started, very loudly, complaining about how she would 'never be caught dead in a cowboy hat' and how disgusting they are! (Angela and I were joking about the fact that she was 'really holding back her opinion' from us.) She was very forward and vocal, shocking, I know!

Well, today when Angela came by, she was teasing Stephanie about that from last time and then the conversation turned to 'hey, wouldn't it be hilarious if Stephanie married a cowboy from Montana!?!' Angela was so funny, giving out scenarios that involved Stephanie's husband to be, wearing Wrangler jeans and never without his cowboy hat, western wedding invitations with pictures taken at Wheeler Farm, or somewhere even more cowboy-ish, shopping for little tiny cowboy boots and ~gasp~ little tiny COWBOY HATS!

I am still laughing! Stephanie, you make yourself such an easy target, and target practice is soooo fun! I love you!

1 comment: