Thursday, June 26, 2008

Turkey!

Turkey, the country, has an awesome underdog soccer team!

They have come from behind to win their last three games and played today to go to the finals of the european championship game (the one for all the european marbles).

They were playing with nine of their starting players on the bench, five with injuries and four had to sit out for penalties they committed in other games. That didn't leave many other players on the team.

The opponents for Turkey today were the Germans. The German team won, litterally in the last minute of the game. The score was 2 to 3 and I think that if Turkey would have had three more minutes, they could have tied it. They did it for the entire game and the entire playoff series.

I seriously think that I have seen some great soccer games, but this european playoff thing has had some VERY exciting games.

I always go for the underdog and Turkey kept me there! Even though they lost today, they played very well and it was a bummer that the game had to end.

2 comments:

Lia said...

Good to see another soccer fan out there. I usually don't get the time to watch a lot of games on TV, but Nik sure loves watching them.

Michelle S. said...

Hey Lia!!! Good to see you here!!!

I really do love soccer. It was a great tournament! Stephanie is very glad that Spain won. After Turkey was out, I didn't care too much who won as long as it was on the t.v.. Those players are so freakin' talented!

It will be very weird to not have soccer (with Parker). I love that Nik is still loving it!