I was released today from my calling as Young Women president. I must say that when the new bishop told me this, it was very difficult for me to understand. Jeremy Park's Sunday School lesson was a real blessing in my life today, as there was a quote from his handout from Neal A. Maxwell that says:
"We can say: 'I know that God loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things'. (1 Nephi 11:17) There have been and will be times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line: We don't know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us, and knowing that, for the moment, is enough."
Even though I really believe that that is true, this release was something very difficult for me and it took that moment in Sunday School for it to be clear that I didn't need to understand why this happened, just that the Lord loves me and this is what needs to happen right now.
I think it will be a very good thing for my family to have more time together. It has been a very long time since my kids and I had a regular reading schedule, which has been fine for the older two since they can read, but the younger two have been squeezed out of that precious time.
When Brother Corser read the release from the pulpit, Elizabeth turned to me with glee and said: "Mom, aren't you relieved?!" I have to say that I am, but mostly because now I don't have to get sick at camp (I am terrible in hot weather!).
I love all the ladies (and girls!) I was serving with and I will miss them so much. I have a hard time with personal relationships and this opportunity was such a dream to have so many wonderful people to talk to and have as friends and sisters. I would also never would have known what blogging is without you leaders!!! But mostly, I seriously knew that if I fell off a cliff, every one of you could have run things seamlessly! (And have, at times!) What a comfort you all have been!
Thank you most sincerely.
Sister Sharon Thompson is the new president and she is very, VERY excellent!
I am amazed that so many changes can happen so fast.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Michelle,
You were awesome as the YW President and I am sure the Lord must have other ideas in store for you. I love you and the example you are to me. I truly hope that when I am given the opportunity to marry and entrusted with children, I hope to be the kind of mom you are. Love ya!
I love you too, Shauna! Thank you very much for the example that you are to me.
Michelle,
Thank you so much for all that you have done for the Y.W. It has been a great pleasure getting to know you. The Lord must have a lot instore for all of us especialy for you. I was reminded in that lesson today to have great amount of Faith. It was good for me also to hear that. I think that I needed that lesson also.
Thanks for your inspiration!
Isn't it amazing how attatched we can get to callings and not even realize it until we are released? Don't feel too bad, I got booted too!:) Maybe we can play together on Wednesdays... just the 2 of us!;) I do love you and I do believe the Lord has something else in mind for you.
Whoa! I feel shocked. I am so wanting a nice long talk...when is good?
Thanks for all of your time and the effort you put into the Y.W. and the program. You did a great job serving the Lord and all of the young women. We all have a purpose here on the earth and will have many different calling and opportunities that come to each of us. Trust in the Lord and know that you did the best you could while serving and know that he has other things in mind for you. Thanks again for all you have done. It was great serving with you and the rest of the presidency!
Heather
Post a Comment