Friday, May 30, 2008

School's Out!

Stephanie is officially in the 10th grade And Parker is in the 8th grade! Where did the time go?

At the 9th grade awards assembly, she won a Clove award for Theatre. I suspect that she was nominated for English as well, but I am pretty sure that you can only have one nomination. I was very pleased with her, and I found it very interesting that she came so close to getting straight A's for her entire Jr. High School career, but during the play this year, she really struggled to keep up and got a B and A-. Then, here in the last term she got two more B's. I have to say that some of that was due to her beloved science teacher moving &
she had a very difficult time with geometry.

Today the Jr. High got their yearbooks and she is very excited that the boy she likes left his phone number for her when he signed her yearbook. It is so fun to hear all the things she is thinking about with this guy. It is pretty interesting to see that she likes someone like this kid, I just didn't picture this type for her. I have to say that she is VERY bugged that we want to talk about it, but she will open up and tell us things once she warms up. It is so fun to talk with her about cute boys. Note to self, I still need to tell her about the boy with the Chevelle, from when I was her age.

Parker is suffering from a bit of an inflated ego right now. The last few days have been only one lunch period at the Jr. High, allowing him to sit with the girl that likes him and he likes her. It is very interesting to hear him talk. He says that a lot of the other boys are asking him if he is 'going out' with this girl, which he tells them he is not because he doesn't date until he is 16. Parker seems to find attention wherever he goes. I hope that this is something that blesses his life and doesn't hinder it. I have to say that it is difficult for me to see him with this ego. I think it is a healthy thing to be interested in girls at this age, but it is still a bit worrysome. But, I worry.

Also, the tv movie "Minutemen" that Stephanie and Parker were in last summer came out on dvd this week. We purchased it tonight. (and we saw Stacia at the Walmart! Bonus!) Anyway, it's release doesn't help the ego thing very much.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you guys have a fun summer...always love to hear the latest!