Sunday, May 11, 2008

That Archuleta kid

On Friday David Archuleta came back to Murray High School for a homecoming in his honor. The loudspeakers for the event were very big and loud. They were loud enough that we could hear the words to the songs they were playing INSIDE our house! I felt bad for people who had babies and young kids who nap in the neighborhood as the music started early in the afternoon.

Parker and I didn't actually get to see any of this hubbub, because Parker had a soccer game in Provo that we had to leave for at 4:00. (They won like 5 to 2, I think.) But we didn't get to see anything of David Archuleta. On Shauna's blog are the only images I have seen so far of this event, we didn't even see the news or anything. I guess that I will have to make sure to record American Idol on Tuesday so I can see bits of what went on. Parker has another away game in Orem that night, so I will have to watch it another time.

Stephanie went to see the event reluctantly, after insisting that she was not going.

Robert took Barrett over to the football field. Robert said that David looked and waved right at Barrett when he was circling the track in the convertible.

Elizabeth was elated to walk home from school with the other kids from Rose Circle. She was afraid that the bus wouldn't be able to get through the neighborhood, but it did just fine. When she got home, she went over to the celebration with the Haux family. She also made sure that we all know that her friend with the same last name as David's, is actually his third cousin. She has informed us many times this weekend of this wonderful news.

It has pretty exciting living a few blocks away from Murray High School!

2 comments:

Kim said...

It was fun to read about D.A. The Today Show reported that his dad's nickname is "Daddy Dearest" and that he's quite a monsterous stage dad. I hope that's not true. I think D.A. is very talented and it would be sad if his dad pushed him too hard.

Kim C. said...

I've heard the same thing that his dad has been banned from backstage of American Idol! We definitely had to keep our windows all closed during naps on Friday...but it was kind of fun to hear all the noise for one day...although I had no desire to be in the middle of that crowd!