Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. I remember as a kid thinking how great it was to have a day to celebrate moms. I loved making all the little things that would surprise her on that special day. I loved seeing all the flowers and the things of spring in bloom and wanting to take them all to my mom for her big day.

My mom's birthday is in May and sometimes falls on Mother's Day and is always one or two days off from Mother's Day. This year I failed to call her on her birthday!! It is such a blunder! I don't think that I would feel so bad, but of all the people in the world, she never fails to at least call on our birthdays. I have to say that it is very easy to combine Mother's Day and her birthday as they are so close in proximity, but no excuse. My birthday is at the very beginning of January. I know how it feels to get a birthday combined with another event!!!

One of my favorite memories of my mom is her showing us how to prepare and can fruit. I can core an apple (or pear) very quickly. I think of my mom every time.

I love you mom. You are a hero in the lives of this family.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love your mom, Michelle...I didn't know her birthday is in May. So is my dad's...in fact it's today! So, sometimes his birthday is on Mother's Day too. Yay for motherhood!!