Tuesday, May 27, 2008

YIKES!





Yes, I know that some of you may already have to deal with this fact, and for some of you it will be 5 or more years before you have to go through this, but at our home, we now have 2 TEENAGERS dwelling at us! And they are in full swing of teenager-ness!


Parker's birthday was on Saturday and I think he really enjoyed his birthday. First, as usual, Robert went to get doughnuts for the breakfast of champions. Next, Grandma Snow came up and between her birthday dollars and the dollars that Parker had saved for this occasion, he was able to aquire (legally) a copy of MarioKart 3 for the Wii, with an extra steering wheel. Next, I gave him a much needed haircut. I had good leverage, because he couldn't wait to play his new game. After his haircut, he played around here for a while, and then after sweet Grandma Snow left, he asked if he could go to Johnny Hummer's house. We said okay, and he spent at least 4 hours over there playing his new game with his good friend. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner. He was SOOO excited to get the guacamole bacon burger from there (he's a Schafer)! The Hummer family said that he was out on their front lawn waiting for us 30 minutes before we told him we would be there to get him, which we were late, thinking that he would have to be torn away from the Wii at Johnny's.


After dinner, we came home and looked online for a red Ripstick that Parker has wanted for sometime. He got out the phonebook and called some stores to see if they had it in the store. He found one close to home and had them hold it for him. When Robert and Parker got to the store, it was on sale!! Woo-Hoo!


And as a special gift, which was my personal favorite, Robert took care of Parker's chores for the day. Bonus for everyone, as there was NO nagging OR complaining the whole day! YESSSS!!


And as another exciting birthday celebration, on Monday (Memorial Day) Parker took his two friends, Johnny Hummer and Chandler Hendrickson and his sister Stephanie to the movie "Prince Caspian". I told him not to tell me anything about it, but what he was able to tell me is that Stephanie would not stop talking about how cute Prince Caspian was, and it drove him a little bit nuts, especially in front of his friends.


I still get to go and take Parker's birthday pictures, which is more for me and posterity, but I did get some of him on his actual birthday. I am hoping to take the others tomorrow after school. That might be a good time to do that.


Happy Birthday, Parker! I love you very much. XOXO



2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy late Birthday Parker...I hope he saw the message we left on myfamily. We do have a gift for him but the question remains...when will it get in the mail???...I loved reading about his day and yes, having two teens in the house is quite scary and emotional..one more year and we'll have three...YIKES!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY Birthday Parker! I can't believe you are a tennager...Yikes!!! It happens WAY TOO FAST!