Saturday, May 10, 2008

18 Years in a row



Today was Robert's and my wedding anniversary. Usually we get a hotel and spend one or two nights away from the kids, but with all the soccer that we have made commitments for, this is the first year we have opted not to do that this time. Today was very nice, even if we didn't get to go away and rent scooters or go to a movie.

We were able to go to the temple on Thursday, which was lovely. That is also one of our yearly traditions for our anniversary. I really like that tradition.

Stephanie was nice enough to take a picture of us together on our actual anniversary. When I saw the pictures it was very apparent that I am aging more physically than mentally. My brain is not keeping up with my body. I have heard a lot about that, but never realized that it actually happens.

We also went to a lovely dinner at Gardner Village. While we were waiting to get into the restaurant, we went to that little store inside, right by the restaurant and found a very cute white chair, perfect to replace the one that got broken at our computer station. I had been saving a little here and a little there to get a new chair from The Wood Connection, but this one was on clearance at Gardner Village at half the price I was planning on spending. I am sitting on it as I type this.

Needless to say, it was a good day. Not action packed or full of thrills, but it doesn't need to be every time. At least not for me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary..happy anniversary...happy anniversary...happy anniivveerrssaaarryy!!!
Wow...18 years!! That sounds like such a long time...remember when I first met you and you'd been married for a year!! Wow! Time flies...I just love you guys and I'm so glad you're a part of my family!!