The bishopric was released today. Robert was very sad to be released and was very emotional about it. I knew he would be sad, but I didn't think he would be as sad as he is. I don't think that he thought he was going to be this sad either.
When Brother Dickson from the stake read the release, Elizabeth grabbed my arm and asked me: "Does that mean that Dad will get to sit on the bench with us again?!?!" I told her yes. I was super glad that she was listening and making sense of what was going on around her. For her, it was a very good change. I wonder if we will need a bigger bench though.
I am very glad to know that I will have Robert home with the little kids while I am at activities and other Young Women functions!! It will be very comforting to know that they are getting to bed before the meltdown occurs (around 8:00 p.m.) He is excellent at getting them off to an early beddy-bye, much better than I.
I love Robert and I am so glad that he is so willing and loves to serve the Lord. That is one of his strongest points and also something that is very attractive to me. He may not be perfect, but he wants to do his best and he loves the Lord. I love that.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Michelle, Your entire family is awesome! Thanks for sharing Robert with us the past few years. He has done an excellent job and I am sure the Lord has something new in store for him soon. Love ya!!
Wow! That's a big change...I know how strong spiritually Robert is. It's something I really admire about him. I'm glad you guys will get him back for a while...but who knows, maybe a stake calling is next for him.
Post a Comment