Sunday, May 11, 2008

Father's Day

One thing I remember about my dad is that when I was very young, kindergarten or earlier, I remember sitting down with him at the kitchen table on 5th West in Provo and he showed me how to make a paper airplane. I was facinated! I was able to remember how to make one after he showed me two or three times. I remember my mom making a big deal about me being able to make a paper airplane after such a short instruction and being as young as I was.

I also remember being in the backyard of that same house (again, pre-kindergarten) and thinking how sly and sneaky I was for going up to my dad and spanking him on the rump and running away with the thought that I had outsmarted him. I remember thinking to myself that there was no way that he could catch me because I was really running from him fast! When I looked over my shoulder I was terrified that he was scooping me up into his arms! I couldn't believe it! He was an old guy! He had kids! How in the heck could he even run?!

Three things I love about my dad:


*his wonderful laugh
* his love of chocolate
*his handwriting, it is very neat and cool looking

I doubt that you will ever be on line, Dad, but I love you and hope that you had a great Father's Day.


This post was finished on June 17, 2008.

No comments: