Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lucy is 8!

Okay, so these birthday things keep occurring! How difficult it is to remember how old your children are, when they keep having birthdays!


This time it is Elizabeth. She turned eight years old today, at 11:47 a.m.. (She had me check her birth certificate for the exact time.)

She wouldn't let me take her pictures, or let me take her to our usual Kiddie Kandids for the free 8 X 10, but I did get some cute pictures yesterday for her party invitations.

Here are some of the pictures and what the invitation turned out like. (Thanks Rachel for recommending Memory Mixer. It was SO easy and turned out really cute, or at least I think so. It is my first Memory Mixer project, ever.)


Elizabeth spent the day as usual, with Grandma Snow, telling her where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do. Grandma Snow loves to do any grandchild's bidding, even going down the slide at McDonald's, which she did one time and got stuck and had to be helped out by Stephanie.

First, we went to the Red Balloon, which is having a 22% off almost everything in the store this week. It worked out well for me because I needed a new robot arm and a new Gertie Ball! (I was very tempted to get a back up Stomp Rocket as they are one of my favorites as well.) Elizabeth passed up a Calico Corner Critter House and got a Jacob's Ladder and a geometric coloring book, which she is working on RIGHT NOW when she should be asleep.

Then we went to Robert's Crafts and got her a drawing pad and some colored pencils, which she was very excited about because it contained both a silver and gold coloring pencil! I think they both have been sharpened several times already!

We had lunch at Panda Express, much to Elizabeth's delight. She made sure that we understood that it was something that was on her checklist of things to do for her birthday experience.

We went to Walmart and got the stuff for her birthday dinner. Usually she chooses to go to Red Robin for her birthday dinner, but she was pretty firm on her decision to have a picnic with watermelon, turkey sandwiches and Doritos. I added cucumbers to the menu, and they were a hit!

After Walmart, we came home to get ready for the picnic. Elizabeth commandeered the full attention of Grandma Snow during this period of the day.

We ended up going to the park that we have had many great experiences at, which Elizabeth was unhappy about. When we got there, she was even more unhappy about the fact that every little-league boy alive was there for some kind of awards dinner. There were baseball kids everywhere and there was a big pack of them having a stick/pine cone/rock fight. Grandma was pretty wise when she suggested to Elizabeth that we were still going to enjoy ourselves, which we eventually did. The ice cream portion and actual award portion of the awards dinner started and all the boys disappeared very quickly! Yesss! One of the swings became available and cute Barrett went to save Elizabeth a swing. He didn't swing, he just sat in it while she ate, and saved it for her. It was a very thoughtful birthday present. Once Elizabeth was on the swing, all her thoughts of 'the worst birthday ever' went flying away, literally. There was a joyously audible "Woo-Hoo!" and much giggling only seconds after getting onto the swing, especially when Robert went over to give her a push. After swinging for almost an hour, she came back to the picnic spot and almost O.D.ed on Doritos.
I have pictures.

After the park, Grandma needed to get home and we went to Walmart to get Ben and Jerry's for everyone. This is great, and we only do it once in a while or for special occasions. At Walmart it costs about as much as a shake from somewhere else, and we don't have to wait for anyone to make it. We will have brownies on Sunday.

So that about sums up Elizabeth's day.

She will have another awesome day to remember very soon, as she will be baptized on July 5th. It is so hard to believe!

Happy birthday Mish-Mish! I absolutely adore you.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh...I'm sick!! I missed her birthday...I'm a loser.

Kim said...

Oh, and it sounds like she had a wonderful day! I'm so sad that we can't be there for the baptism...tell her we love her please! One of these days I will get her and Parker's gifts in the mail...I miss you guys so much! We all do!

Kim C. said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! It seems like just yesterday you were in my 3 year old primary class!

Michelle S. said...

Kim Schafer! You quit worrying! She knows that you adore her! And the feeling is mutual!