Sunday, June 29, 2008

No More Training Wheels


On Friday, Barrett took off. He is officially now riding his bike without training wheels. Robert reminds me that he never has really spent much time on the bike while the training wheels were there. Now that they are off, he goes out to ride several times a day.

The sweetest thing is that he would pray every day for Heavenly Father to help him learn to ride his bike. I reminded him that when we ask for Heavenly Father's help, we need to do our part too and that his part is practicing.

His first attempt at no training wheels went very well, but didn't last long so he didn't have the confidence to keep trying. On Friday, he was super bored because he had to stay away from friends that day because his other eye came down with pink eye and hadn't been treated for 24 hours yet. He really wanted me to play this dumb gamecube game with him and I told him I would play with him if he would practice riding on his bike again. So he did. And he did well. I got a cute video of him almost taking out the Burnett's evap. cooler. I can't figure out how to post it here, or it would be here.

There is nothing like the first time you ride your bike. It is such a joy to see you child try something new and be successful. The smile on his face says exactly how we all feel.

The only thing that is hard for me is that this is the last first bike ride.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I saw the video on my family...it's so cute!! I found that the video clips have to be kind of short in order for them to download and even then, they take forever! I can't believe how big Barrett is getting!!