Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ooh, Barrettcuda!





After a week in San Diego with Barrett not giving a hoot about his surroundings or safety, we made it home in one piece! After we had been home for a whole ten minutes, Barrett fell by the stairs and bonked his head. We had to go to the emergency room for stitches after 10 minutes of being at home!

Seriously, we pulled in the driveway at 1:50 a.m. and were in the emergency room at 2:05 a.m.. We were there until 4:00 a.m..

Barrett sat very still and did what the doctor asked him to do. The doctor said that it is pretty cool to see a little kid take it like he did when the smack-talking, tattooed bruisers come in talking tough but can't face the music when it comes to getting stitches.

He got three stitches.



4 comments:

Kim said...

OUCH!!! When we clicked on the picture (the close up one)....Joe said "Oh, I thought Barrett was going to be dead"....we're so glad he's okay..poor guy!

Stephanie said...

Way to be brave Barrett. We missed your family while you were gone. I think Izzy missed Parker coming and grabbing her. Heard you had a blast.

Kim C. said...

I was wondering what that was on his eye yesterday! It amazes me how brave little kids can be when it comes to getting stitched up! Good job Barrett!

Unknown said...

What's with all the stiches??? Three blogs I clicked on in a row had stitches! Crazy kids! Good job being so tough Barrett!