Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby Steps

So, I am learning many things about myself lately. It is kind of a painful thing, but I am grateful for the reminders. I hope that I can learn from all this. I am actually feeling very renewed and optimistic right now, and like there is much ahead to look forward too. Positive attitude! Carry On! Go forward! Move ahead! It's not too late! Those are the thoughts running through my head right now. Mental/spiritual cheer leading. It's a good thing.

So, dun, dun, dun-dun! I am proud to announce that the Christmas tree came down today! Yes, it is true! Robert came home from work and very first thing, put the tree away! Awesome!

The novelty of the broken ankle/wheelchair/crutches is beginning to wear off. Parker has started the countdown to cast off day. The charm wore off for me about 4 weeks ago, when I had to help him into the doctor's office and realized how un-fun it really was. Or, maybe it was the exciting trips to the Jr. High school in the snow and crappy parking lot twice every day. (I love snow, just not the combo of wheelchair and snow.) Then, the semester changed and we added a guitar to the mix. Lets just say, I am looking SOOO forward to 9:00 a.m. on February 6, 2008.

I look forward to tomorrow, as Barrett and I have a date at the children's museum. It will be a good get away for me and I am sure that Cuda is ready for a get away as well.

I still haven't finished my quilt, but it is WAY closer to being done than it was last week. It is looks good and I am very glad that it is getting worked on. Maybe it will be finished by May 10, 2008. Uh Huh.

And lastly, the movie that Stephanie and Parker were in will air on the Disney Channel this Friday night. We are looking forward to it very much. The kids will have some of their friends over to watch. It should be fun.


No comments: