So, last night was the Disney Channel premiere of Minutemen, the movie that Stephanie and Parker were in last August. Stephanie had her friend Maria over, who was also in the movie with her. She also had her friend Melissa over to watch it. I was very surprised that Stephanie sat right next to one of the main actors in one of the classroom scenes! She got enough time on film that you could really see her! We all were screaming when we saw her because she was out of the room putting her guinea pig back in it's cage! It was fun.
Parker also invited his friends over. He had Jason, Jonny, Preston, Chandler and Alex over to watch with him. It was very fun to see Parker with his friends. It was also fun to see Parker in the movie, even though you could not see that it was him, we knew which parts to look for and it was really fun.
So, right before the movie, Robert tore down the ceiling in the kitchen area. He completely sealed himself and Sam Skaggs (THANK YOU, SAM!) in and then tore everything down, bagged it up and got it outside. It was very fast, for what they did, but a bit stressful knowing that in just 3 hours, the kids would have their friends over to watch, but as usual, it all turned out just fine. Everyone had a fun time. (I wonder about Sam though.) Robert was not going to take down the ceiling, but when he went to take a two by four out of the existing ceiling, he noticed the the boards that were supporting the roof were cut and patched by the original builders and would not be able to support the roof as they were. After speaking with some of the experts in the neighborhood it was strongly recommended. (THANK YOU BOYD AND RUSS!!) So, take down the ceiling, cut and rehang the supports onto a new beam that will hold the load. I cannot tell you how glad I am! The bishop came over today and helped get the new beam in place and it looks soooo good. (THANK YOU, BISHOP!) But he left his coat again! He did that last time he helped on this project.
So, today after everything had been ripped into and particles had been flying everywhere, Stephanie got it into her mind that the ceiling that had just been torn down was full of asbestos. She was full on wailing and crying, believing that everyone was exposed and going to die in 2 hours. It was a level of hysteria that I haven't seen from her in many, many years. The only thing that saved our family from the continuation of the hysteria was that the Bishop was here and he is a certified asbestos inspector. He assured her that there was no asbestos in anything in our home that he could see. You know, it is a testimony to me that the Lord wants us to be comforted. It helps me to understand that he loves us and knows our concerns. I am very grateful that the one person in the ward who knows all about that very subject was at our home when the concern arose. I don't think that it was a coincidence.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So after talking to everyone about where I could find them in the movie, I re-watched it so I could stop and pause it to see them, etc. That was a totally awesome shot of Stephanie next to the main guy!
Post a Comment