Thursday, January 17, 2008

Making Progress

So, take note of the date. I have officially taken down and boxed up all of my Christmas decorations except for my Christmas tree. It is the last remnant of the bygone holiday season. It is a Christmas miracle.

ALSO, not to out do the Christmas feat of strength, I have spent a lot of the last two days actually machine quilting our 15th anniversary quilt that I have been working on for the last 2.5 years or so. (We have now been married for 17.5 years.) Machine quilting is very fast, compared to hand quilting and I expect to be done with the quilting before the week is out. It is hard to believe that it is really happening. I must say that I have been more motivated to complete this project as there is so much cute Valentine fabric out there and I want to make a Valentine quilt. I cannot justify doing other crafty projects until this quilt it done.

Irene Young gave a talk sometime last year in our ward, and in that talk she said "We should not expect perfection from ourselves, but we should expect progress." I like that thought. It is very comforting to my soul to know that even though I am not perfect right now, at least I am learning little by little and getting some things done that I dream of doing.

I may not have time to quilt every day, but it is lovely to get a chance when I can.

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

I have been quoting you a lot lately when you said to Teagan "I remember getting bored." the night we made snowflakes. It's so true! I love the little times I can sneak in to do something fun that I love to do like that. I would love to see your quilt when you're done!
I was thinking the other day how nice it was to have my Christmas stuff down and then noticed today that someone (not me) took all but one strand of the outside lights down...