It seems that I always start my blog with the word "So". I will not do that today.
Parker gets his cast off in one week! YES! I am very excited. I think that I will still have to take him to and from school until the strength is back. But it will be so nice to just let him out of the car and not lug that silly wheelchair around. I am thankful for the wheelchair, but I will be glad that he doesn't have to use it. I think he will be gladder than I will be.
Maybe Barrett will be feeling better by the day that Parker gets his cast off. Barrett has been pretty sick with a cough and a fever. I think that the cough has been the most prevalent thing. He has no appetite and has wanted to stay home. His birthday was on Monday and he didn't even want to leave the house. We just stayed home and snuggled while we watched it snow and watched some television. I must say, I enjoyed the day very much. The sticker books that the Nebraska Schafers sent to him for his birthday have been very much appreciated and loved! (You are always so thoughtful, Kim! Thank You!) Barrett had his well child check yesterday and the doctor didn't want him to have his immunizations because he had been running a fever. Barrett dodged another bullet. He had already put it off since the last visit.
Some drama from the drama department...
One of the main leads got dismissed from the play that Stephanie is in last night. I guess he said the "F" word, not "fart", but the other "F" word. The director said that he was out and called a replacement in minutes. I am sad because I was really hoping that this kid would show us that he could do this. He was totally right for the part, but the whole commitment thing was a concern for me. He is a good kid. I hope this is something that he learns a lesson of life in a good way and that it doesn't turn into something that creates a bigger stumbling block for him.
Well, have a happy day!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I start with the word "so" a lot too. It's funny you mentioned it because I thought the same thing today..that I use it to start speaking or writing a lot.
I hate sick kids but I do love when they slow down long enough to snuggle!
I'm sad to hear that Barrett is so sick....tell him we're thinking of him and hoping he'll be better very soon....it's no fun to be sick. Also, glad he likes the sticker books....Joe was very sad to learn they were not for him, but he was happy to know Barrett would get them.
Post a Comment