Barrett and I have been to Deseret Industries twice in one week. I must say that I love D.I.. It is very hard to go in there and not come out with something that is a great deal. Or come out empty handed.
Our reason for going has been that Parker has to make a board game based on the book "Holes" for his english class. I just went to look for an old game that had a good box and board.
Our first trip was to the Murray D.I.. We found a Harry Potter board game for 75 cents. When I got it home I thought it might be fun if it has all the pieces, so we went the next day to Sandy. Our Murray trip yielded more than one treasure though, we also came home with two pairs of snow goggles, a puzzle and two vases.
On our Sandy D.I. trip I really wanted to stay with the one item that we were looking for. Yeah, right. The first thing that caught my eye was a huge terracotta pot for $8.00. If any of you have shopped these pots, you will know that $8.00 is a great deal! Needless to say, I bought it. We also found a small tin lunch box and a rescue hero that Barrett loves. (50 cents each, plus I was able to remind him that he already got something when we went to another store where the deals weren't so plentiful!) We were also able to find an Eye Spy game that I have seen at the Red Balloon for about 20 times what I paid for it at D.I.. ($1.00 and every single piece was there!!!) We also found a game board and box for Parker's project.
Overall, we spent way too much time and money for the Holes project, but I know I will be happy when I plant my impatience or my geraniums in that beautiful blue pot this spring.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment