I have discovered many lovely, wonderful uses of evaporated milk as of late. The discovery actually started when I found a recipe that called for a can of evaporated milk. It was a corn chowder recipe and it was very yummy! I since then have discovered that this tasty stuff is available in a smaller can! I always make sure that there is some smaller cans and regular size cans in the pantry. Less goes to waste with the smaller can.
At our home we have a favorite dish (to most of the family) that we call 'macaroni and milk'. It is very similar to mac and cheese, but it has no cheese sauce. You still add the milk (and more of it) and butter, but no cheese. Well guess what?! Evaporated milk is very, very tasty in this dish!
Then I thought what about macaroni and cheese? It is GREAT!
And how about mashed potatoes? YUMMY!
I have a stuffing recipe that I just might try it in too.
I think that there are endless possibilities for this evaporated milk discovery! I will post again if I discover any others, but so far I am very happy with the ones I already have uncovered!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Who on earth eats mac & cheese without the cheese????? You nut!
I have also discovered evaporated milk...this has been used on the occasion I have made mac and cheese or mashed potatoes and then discovered I had no milk...but did have evaporated milk.
Post a Comment