Stephanie had her high school registration fair last night. I am amazed at the things they offer in this area. I am not kidding, it really felt like it could have been a college event, and some of it was. If opportunities like this were around when I was in high school, I had NO IDEA! The school makes college credit available in two ways for high school students and even makes it possible for kids to graduate from high school with an associates degree!!! Then, if they do graduate with an associates degree, and with a 3.0 grade average, the government will pay for up to 75% of their college tuition if they choose an in-state college! Wow! I am amazed at the opportunities. I am also amazed that it is time to start planning for that.
It was a very long meeting, and I did hear some Charlie Brown adult speak (Wah-wah, wah wah wah) in a few parts and had to put my focus back together, but overall, it was time well spent.
It is still hard to believe that my daughter is going to be in high school. Any of you out there with your darling little ones, drink it in. It evaporates at the speed of a dream.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment